Thursday, August 13, 2009

Birthday gift

Last yr My Birthday celebrations were on as they take place every year.lots of friends visited my place and i had a blast.The party was good it had cakes chocolates and all sort of junk food that we ppl always have.I had received nice Gifts and some of them very precious from my mom and dad.that day went on very smooth and just perfect.later that night i turned on my TV and saw a documentary featuring the deaths due to "malnourishment" in our country that sight of the documentary just pinched my heart.All the events of that day just past b4 my eyes that how did i celebrate my bday with havin loads of food n gifts and at da same time ppl of my country are falling prey to malnourishment n food scarcity......
That night a thought just came to my mind as to how should v ideally celebrate our Bday.. Its like u can save jus Rs.2 daily from ur spendings that u do on junk food n all sorts of wastage of vry valuable resource. After one year u would hav approx arounf Rs.750 or so.Now take that money and just find a place in your town where u can distribute Food items purchased by this amount..Or just visit an Orphanage and distribute the snacks to them and see the happiness on the faces of those children havin satisfied by your just a small deed of visiting them n givin them good food to them..Now the feeling of making those children happy is i biggest gift that u can give to yourself on your birthday...
India with a population of about 113crores so on each day there ll b thousands who ll b celebrating their bdays if 50% of them decide to celebrate their bday in this fashion i guess then the no. of deaths occuring due to malnourishment would reduce by atleast 10%...
So from this yr onward i hav decided to give this BIRTHDAY GIFT to myself and celebrate the bday in this fashion.So guys n gals just giv it a thought that our vry small deed can help changing life of many...............

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogosphere.
    Hey great post.

    And yes, the small unselfish deed is indeed good. I think about such things too, but have to do something concrete about it.

    ReplyDelete